Top 10 List: You Know It's True Love When...
- You get sent random flowers - just because.
- Your boyfriend meets your parents for the first time - along with 20 other extended family members at the same time.
- You're driven to the ER in the middle of a softball game that said boyfriend was playing in, or at 6AM when he's still on west coast time.
- You ask your boyfriend what, if anything, he'd like to change in your relationship. And his reply is, "I'd like to try living together."
- You're sent random puppy videos - just because he knows you like them. Even if the videos were accidentally sent to his co-worker first and they question them.
- Your boyfriend watches you get a shot of intravenous medication in your @ss while in the ER and doesn't cringe. Not only that, but he knows when to hold your hair as you vomit in a trash can.
- Your boyfriend takes the dog for his morning walk because he knows you like to sleep in. AND he returns with your favorite coffee, perfectly flavored.
- You're told that you look your best when you're wearing leggings and a hoodie.
- A portion of Christmas Day will be spent on an Amtrak train together to see both families.
- Snuggling up on the couch and spending a completely lazy day together, without even having to say more than a few words every now and then is still a great way to communicate and spend time together.
My idea of "true love" probably isn't that of a lot of other people. But then again, it doesn't have to be :) It's what makes ME happy and not having to change who I am for someone is the best thing of all.