Monday, February 16, 2009

New Start

Here's an attempt at a new blog, one that can be kept up with on a more regular basis. Who knows what will happen but I suppose we'll find out!

Couple of thoughts:
1) It's really random and awkward when people you haven't talked with in years (as in approximately 6 - at a minimum) manage to find you on facebook and strike up conversations as if there weren't 6+ years and thousands of experiences that separate you from the person you were in the start of high school. Perhaps if you'd actually known the person in the first place, it'd be less awkward.
2) Today is President's Day which is awesome for several reasons. Obviously #1 is because Lincoln was a pretty cool dude but a close second would be that today just so happens to be a holiday on Marriott's limited listing of days off...no work today! A relatively close third is that Ford's Theater re-opens from renovations today (whoa, lots of "re-s" all in one sentence). It's been closed down for the past 1.5 years that I've lived in D.C. and it will be neat to see the completed work since the first time I was inside of it comes with a lot of memories from a Washington, D.C. trip with my dad when I was 10.
3) Saw Burnt Sienna play on Saturday night at the Clarendon Ballroom - not for Valentine's Day, but for KK's birthday. They were just as good as I remembered from them playing at Deer Park throughout my last year of college and mug nights.
4) GREs are exactly 2 weeks from today. At this time on March 2nd, I'll be taking the exam that will determine what happens with the next 3 years of my life. Scary.

1 comment:

  1. <3 the new blog. Be sure to check out mine, Toni's and Micheles too!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete